If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you already know that I made these easy peasy energy balls for my children a while ago.
Since then I have been getting a lot of messages asking for the recipe. So as promised, here it is for you all. Of course there might be many recipes available all over the internet.
This on, however I made with my own variants/ingredients that I already had in abundance in my kitchen. You could do that same. But please be sure to check your child is not allergic to any of the ingredients that you want to use in the recipe.
So here’s what you will need to make your very own easy, tasty and healthy energy balls.
- 3-4 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Dorset cereal muesli with no added sugar
- Milk chocolate chips (Optional)
- Finely chopped walnuts (Optional)
- Honey (depending on the consistency of the mixture)
- Add all the ingredient to a bowl and mix well.
- Once everything is mixed, let it sit in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Take the mixture out and start making bite-size balls. At this point if you if the mixture to be either too thick or too gooey to shape balls, then feel free to add some more cereal or honey depending on the consistency of the mixture.
- Line them in plate and slide it back into the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 2-3 hours. I prefer freezing them overnight.
I hope you will try out this simple recipe for your kids. I would love to see how they turn out. You can head over to our closed group on Facebook, The Mommy Blog Club and share the pictures with us. 🙂