First of all, before I start reviewing the Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion here, let me tell you that Dove recently launched a new line of products especially formulated for babies and children. Hence soon after they were available for sale on Amazon and I placed my order for the Baby Dove baby lotion and baby soap. If you follow me on Instagram, you already saw my mail alert.
A few days ago, Team Baby Dove sent me all of their newly launched products. So do follow around to find out how I like rest of their products.
Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion Review:
My first impressions of Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion:
When I first saw the Baby Dove nourishing baby lotion I quite liked the packaging and fragrance of the lotion. It’s very pleasant and makes the product probably even more interesting. I was actually looking forward to using it as soon as I could.
Rs. 180 for 200ml
Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion comes in sturdy flat plastic bottle with a flat flap-style cap. Due to it’s minimalist packaging the lotion looks even more appealing. Moreover the bottle comes with all the product related information printed on the front and the back of the flat bottle.
2 years (approximately)
Texture & colour:
The texture of the Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion is very light and airy. It comes in a beautiful milky white colour. It has a very pleasant and mild fragrance which makes it perfect for use with little children.
What the Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion claims:
- Gentle, hypoallergenic and pH-neutral formula
- Dermatologist and pediatrician tested
- Gently moisturizes skin for up to 24 hours
- Soothes your baby’s dry skin from the very first use
- Delicate fragrance developed just for baby’s delicate skin
- Suitable for newborns
How to use the Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion:
For best result take a generous amount of the baby dove nourishing lotion after every bath. Spread the lotion in your hands and apply on your baby’s body and massage gently.
My experience with Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion:
We have been using the Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion for a few weeks now and like it a lot. As the brand suggests it to be used after bath time. That’s exactly how we do it. The lotion spreads out very smoothly on the skin. It hydrates and instantly soothe dry and flaky skin. Baby Dove claims that this lotion gives 24 hours of moisturization . However the lotion needs to applied and reapplied every 5-6 hours.
What I like about Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion:
- The lotion has a very good and airy consistency. Hence it spreads easily on the skin.
- Due to the light consistency the lotion gets absorbed very quickly and hydrates very well.
- The fragrance of the lotion is very mild and pleasant.
What I don’t like about the Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion:
- The flat style cap opening of the bottle can make things messy at times. A pump style dispenser would have been perfect.
- The lotion needs to be reapplied after 5-6 hours. The 24 hours claims is definitely not true.
- Most of the ingredients mentioned at the back of the bottle appear chemical-based.
Will I re-purchase Baby Dove Nourishing Baby Lotion?
Definitely. We already went through one bottle, this is our second. And I’m sure we are going to get more of this lotion especially for these winters and probably for the rest of the year too. In conclusion, this lotion is by far one of the best baby lotions available right now in the Indian market.
TMB Rating: 4/5
Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me. Neither I nor The Mommy Blog was compensated to do this review. The review is purely based on my experience and is not a proven one. All opinions and images are my own and property of The Mommy Blog.