Cloth diapering has always been very dear to me. If you know me in person you already who I’m a huge advocate of eco-friendly diapering system. I can’t wait to tell you more about the Cloth Diaper Shop’s Marvy All-In-Two diaper today.
Over the years, I have bought, used, loved/hated a huge number of cloth diapers. Throughout the journey, I have always believed in sharing unbiased and honest opinion about the products I use, just so it helps you in picking up better stuff for your children.
Today I will be sharing my thoughts and a very detailed review of this all-in-two cloth diaper system named Marvy by Cloth Diaper Shop. I hope you find this review as much helpful as my other reviews.
Cloth Diaper Shop’s Marvy All-In-Two Review:
My first impressions of Marvy All-In-Two Diaper:
First things first, when I went online to look up I was quite confused as to which is what. While I totally love the name Marvy, it could get quite intriguing for a first time cloth diaper user. I didn’t know whether it was an all-in-one or all-in-two diaper.
I did a bit more research, got in touch with the store owner and ordered it anyway. I wanted to try something other than pockets, which was our primary cloth diapering system.
When I got the package I feel in love with the bright colours and branding. I prepped it right away and liked the way it fit our then ‘almost’ three year old daughter.
Features of Marvy All-In-Two Diaper diaper:
- Marvy is a two part diapering system and comes with one set of snappable inserts.
- Doesn’t require a diaper cover or stuffing.
- Trim design with adjustable rise settings for small, medium and large size.
- Comes with a cross-over tab to give a better fit around the waist.
INR. 939/- plus shipping extra.
3 months up until potty-training. Suitable for babies weighing around 3-15 kgs.
What I like about Marvy All-In-Two Diaper:
- Trim design and fit.
- Waist snaps overlap providing a snug fit around the waist for small babies.
- Marvy being an all-in-two diaper doesn’t require a cover.
- No stuffing is required either.
- Dries quickly as compared to other cloth diapers.
What I don’t like about Marvy All-In-Two Diaper:
- I don’t quite like about this diaper is the wash care instructions tag placement, that’s in the front on the inside of the diaper. I hate it when it rubs off my child’s skin.
- The inserts start rolling towards the cotton’s side (inside) after 7-8 washes. May be because cotton shrinks a lot and the top layer of suede doesn’t shrink at all.
- Some of the serged threads around the inserts of my first marvy seem to be fraying already. This is after 8-10 washes. Though I will need to check with rest of my Marvys to give a thorugh conclusion on this.
Marvy All-In-Two Diaper Inserts:
The Marvy being an all-in-two diaper comes with two inserts. One of which has a stay dry layer on the top, over four layers of bamboo cotton and the another is a two layer organic cotton insert.
Both the inserts come with snaps just like any other all-in-two diaper. You need to unsnap all the inserts before throwing them into the washer.
Marvy All-In-Two Diaper Prepping & Wash Care:
To prep my marvy, I washed it with rest of my laundry approximately 2-3 times on 40 degrees. And line dried it under the sun. I have heard some moms complain about the colour bleed, but this never happened with us, so I won’t be able to speak much on that. Our Marvy was ready for nap time after the third wash.
After the 5th washes with rest of my cloth diaper laundry, it was fully prepped and worked for night time.
As of wash care, I don’t take any special care, just a regular wash with rest of my cloth diapers, every other day with Tide.
Indoors – In Monsoons, when I dry it indoors, under the fan the shell dries quickly in half an hour or so. But the inserts take quite a lot of time to dry completely approximately 7-8 hours.
Outdoors – Under the sun, the shell dries relatively fast may be in 15-20 minutes. And the inserts take approximately 2-3 hours to dry completely.
Diaper Fit and Performance:
A little background to begin with, at this moment in time, my three year old who is a heavy-wetter, is partially potty-trained. We use cloth diapers exclusively when she’s napping, traveling and for nightime.
We are already on the last snap around the waist without any adjustments in the rise snaps. Marvy and a few other diapers are what we are using for nighttime over the past few weeks and I’m quite impressed by the way it works for us.
It’s on her bum for approximately 7-8 hours and we haven’t really had any leaks or accidents so far. However sometimes I do notice dampness through her clothes, around the elastic area.
Would I recommend Marvy All-In-Two Diaper to others?
Yes, I would recommend Marvy for someone who is looking for a nighttime solution that’s hassle-free as compared to stuffing and unstuffing of pocket diapers especially to those who have a heavy-wetters.
TMB Rating: 4.5/5
Did you find this review helpful? Leave me a comment below. 🙂
Disclaimer: Marvy All-In-Two diaper was purchased by me. Neither I nor The Mommy Blog were compensated in any way for this review. All the opinion images and are my own and property of The Mommy Blog.