Last week husband got home a huge bunch of fresh carrots, and I knew I didn’t want to spend hours in kitchen to put them to use. However I knew I need them grate in the first place, to make a dessert, or baked carrot bites or may be something else that I could think of.
I just went ahead and grated the carrots. Then it hit me that I could try making carrot balls instead something else that required standing for long hours in kitchen. I could easily make these balls while watching Netflix. And I’m so glad that they turned out so well. My kids are absolutely in love with these. Here’s how you can make these for your kids.
- Grated carrots
- Grated coconut
- Pitted Dates
- Roughly chopped cashew nuts
- Rounghly chopped almonds
- Take a bowl, add grated carrots, dates, nuts and honey.
- Mix well to form balls. You may some add honey if it’s too dry or some more grated carrots if it’s too wet.
- In a flat plate spread grated coconut and roll the carrot balls in coconut.
- Arrange the balls in a freezer-safe plate.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours. Or an hour before serving.
That’s all. Your no-bake carrot and coconut balls are ready. I keep them frozen all the time. You can add various types of nuts and as many of them as you want. But always remember to check if your kids are allergic to any before you give them.
I hope your kids will love these as much as ours do. Let me know what variants they liked. I would love to know. 🙂