I’ve been thinking of more more and even more ways of using that scrap fabrics which were left from my previous projects and with this one coming in I surely am going to stash it all up!!
This is so easy yet so much fun! I made like 4-5 in less than half an hour! And of course it’s super pocket friendly!!
Here’s my version…
Things I used:
- 1/4″ elastic band
- sewing machine
- safety pin
What I did:
- I cut out fabric strips of 17-18″ long and 3.5-4″ wide.
- folded it over( lengthwise) with the right sides facing together and sewed it along it’s open end (also lengthwise).
- Then I turned it inside out and with a safety pin I put the elastic into it’s long pocket.
- After I did that, I pulled both the ends of the elastic together and sewed ’em up.
- Then I tuck one end of the fabric into the other and sewed over it (of course with the elastic in) and that’s it!!
In no time I had handful of such cute scrunchies and the bonus is that I’ll have each one matching with my girls and my outfits!! 😀
Bye bye store-bought scrunchies!! You suck!!
Photographs for this tutorial shall be uploaded later on (that’s when I make ’em next time) 😀