Last month we bought this Sebamed baby lotion, that really works for our children aged 4 and 2. Yes, it says it’s a ‘baby’ lotion and my children are no more considered ‘babies’, but who cares as long as it works for us? Right!
Also I have been using quite a few products by the brand Sebamed and surprisingly it never fails to impress me. I had also reviewed their bubble bath earlier here on the blog.
And as we are about to go through our first bottle, I thought of sharing my review for it, for someone who might just need to up their baby’s skincare game.
Sebamed Baby Lotion Review:
My first impressions of Sebamed Baby Lotion:
The first few features I noticed were it’s packaging that’s easy to use. The product’s texture is very light and ‘watery’. It was the mild fragrance that made me fall for it, the moment I opened the bottle.
What the Sebamed Baby Lotion claims:
- Gives gentle protection to the baby’s delicate skin.
- Suitable for use from the very first day (of the baby).
- It’s pH value is 5.5.
- Supports skin’s hydrobalance.
- Soothes irritation.
- Makes skin smooth and soft.
23 Qatari Riyal (approximately) for 200 ml.
The lotion comes in a plastic squeezable bottle that’s packed in a carton. The bottle is easy to use and store. And appears to be travel-friendly ( I haven’t traveled with it yet).
Not mentioned on the bottle. I’m assuming it should be fit for use, for at least one year.
Texture & colour:
The lotion is milky white in colour. It’s very light, runny (watery) and non-greasy.
My experience with Sebamed Baby Lotion:
This was the first time I had purchased a lotion by Sebamed and I’m happy that it works really well for your children.
We live in a country where temperatures fluctuate between 9 degrees to 55 degrees and most of our days are spent indoors in an air-conditioned room, which makes skin very dehydrated and flaky. And with little children, I needed to be sure that the product I use wasn’t too greasy.
What I like about the Sebamed Baby Lotion:
- The texture is very light and watery which it ideal for kids.
- The lotion instantly soothes the dry and flaky skin.
- It doesn’t leave a greasy feel after application.
- It has very mild and calming fragrance.
- The packaging is sturdy and looks travel-friendly.
- Available in most online baby stores and walk-in departmental stores.
What I don’t like about the Sebamed Baby Lotion:
- A little expensive for the quantity that comes in.
- It needs to be generously applied for a long lasting effect.
- Might need to be reapplied after 7-8 hours of application.
- Not sure if it contains parabens, as it’s no where mentioned on the packaging.
Will I re-purchase Sebamed Baby Lotion?
Totally. I shall keep repurchasing it over and over again, for as long as I do not find a better lotion that suits and soothes my kid’s delicate skin.
TMB Rating: 4.5/5
Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me. Neither I nor The Mommy Blog was compensated to do this review. The review is purely based on my experience and is not a proven one. All opinions and images are my own and property of The Mommy Blog.
Megha Arora says
Agree to every word. Using all Sebamed products once my girl was 15days.. Initially was using muatella range none suited her and did harm her skin. Shifted to sebamed and a happy mum indeed.
Haajra Fareen says
Yay on that! <3 <3
We haven't tried Mustela, though I have heard moms rave about it 🙂