Each time I’m back home after a long tiring day.. I always wonder as to where my scraf pins should really go so they are easily available for the very next use!
And so to make my life a li’l easier.. I decided I should be making a pin cushion! ( Which are not available in stores, not at least in India) 🙂
Yeah I know many cute designs and ideas are available out there.. but I wanted to make something very basic yet serves the purpose. And moreover I could obviously not go about shopping for the stuff I needed to make some
bloody silly pin cushion!! 🙂 No-no!
So I made mine with all the scrap I could get my hands on to!
Follow along and make one for youself. So you don’t have to run around your house searching for those pins!
Things you’ll need:
- 1 Used tea-cup ( cracked/chipped) Mine was chipped on the edge.
- Fabric for wrapping
- Stuffing material(sponge/scrap fabric/polyfil)
- Newspaper for extra stuffing
What you need to do:
- Take the scrap fabric/sponge of the size of the mouth of your tea-cup so that it fits perfectly in to it.
- Wrap it with a nice fabric
( I tied the end together with a thread rather than sewing)
- Fasten the ends with a thread. You can also sew the ends.
- Place it in the cup neatly and your done.!!! ( Stuff newspaper at the bottom of your cup if it’s too shallow)
(This was the product.. and as you can see I used a chipped tea cup cos I really don’t care 😀 )
YEAH!! That’s it.. You can now park your pins and needles without misplacing them ever again!
Another lovely project that’s super-simple and won’t cost you a single buck! So go ahead and make one for yourself! 🙂