Ever since I started blogging and reading other parenting blogs, one thing has always impressed me and that’s how every mom has her own perspective and her own way of bringing up her kiddos! And the fact that everyone receives equal acceptance from their readers. One thing is for sure,we may have different parenting styles but what’s really important is that we all love our babies.
And I just love the idea of all these mommies supporting each other and not bashing them for the parenting choices that they made. So here it is, my list of why I am a crappy mom…
- I hug them everyday.
- I breastfed them.
- I supplemented with formula.
- I follow a regular vaccination schedule.
- I cloth diaper them both.
- I don’t disinfect their toys.
- I drop everything when I come home to say hello and make sure they know I am happy to see ’em again.
- I wash their clothes separately so I can avoid additives and chemicals.
- I don’t let ’em watch too much of TV.
- I let her mix her ( The Big Thing) food however she wants.
- I let her cry when Doraemon cries.
- I let ’em eat up pages from their books ( both if ’em do it).
- I let her ( The Big Thing) eat noodles with her fingers.
- I teach her about God.
- I will do just about anything for a big hug or a giggle from my babies!
These are few of the things I do as a parent. And I don’t feel the need to defend or justify my actions. I am not a crappy mom, my kids are happy, healthy and loved! The Big Thing loves her books and just about anything with wheels. The Little Thing loves watching her big sister run around the house like a crazy person. I love the Big Thing coming and hugging her li’l sister every now and then. I love hearing the li’l one babble away in her little baby talk. Oh yes, of course there are hard days but I would not trade any of them for anything in the world! I love my kids more than words can say and I can only hope that they know how much they are loved!
And also I don’t care if people think the things listed above make me a “crappy” mom.
What matters to me is that they feel protected,nurtured and happy!!
So let’s stop all the mommy judging and just do what we feel is right. Let’s support each other instead of tearing each other down. Motherhood is hard enough!