I have been cloth diapering our girls for many many months now and I have always followed a simple cloth diaper wash routine that I thought was working good for us. I have been hand-washing all of their clothes on Sundays. But a month back I decided to quit hand-washing because it was eating up all of my time and energy. And that’s when I decided to tweak my wash routine so that I could do but cloth diapers and clothes at a time, which would directly save me a hell lot of time and water!
I thought many mommies might be struggling with this just the way I did, so here’s my updated wash routine for all your lovely moms! 🙂
This is how I do:
- Start with rinsing the diapers with cold water to avoid staining them.
- Then I do a second rinse also with cold water. Each rinse take 19 minutes approximately.
- Then I throw in all of their clothes and wash them on 40 C for about 45 minutes.
- Once that’s done, I give two extra rinses to the whole load so there’s no residue left behind.
- Then I line dry all the clothes and diapers in Sun.
I bleach all of my inserts once in four-five months. Also I use a very little amount of detergent for every wash.
What’s your wash routine?? Am I doing mine right??? Tell me in the comments below. 😀