EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO MAKE THE BEST BROWNIES AT HOME – AFTERSCHOOL SNACK
Last week I shared a picture of bronies on my Instagram stories and some of you asked if I could share the recipe because you thought they looked really delicious. I’m so glad to let you know that the brownies were just super delicious and so much more. I made them 4 times in the past one week because kids insisted. They also tell me it’s the best kind of afterschool treat. So here I’m sharing with you the best brownie recipe ever. You have to try it out and tell me what your kids say about it.
Here’s all that you need to make these yummy brownies:
- Eggs – 2
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- All-purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
1. Take eggs and beat until it’s frothy.
2. Add sugar and beat again. Beat until the sugar is dissolved and it turns smooth in consistency.
3. Then add oil and vanilla essence. Mix everything well.
4. To this mixture add cocoa powder. Using the same electric blender, mix everything together until well incorporated.
5. Sift the flour and gently fold it into the above mixture. You don’t have to overmix it. Just mix it till everything is nicely combined and you have a batter like this.
6. Pre-heat the oven at 170 degrees.
7. Lining the baking dish with a baking paper or aluminum foil (like I did).
8. Grease the foil lightly with oil, in case you want to reuse the foil for the next batch.
9. Pour the mixture and slightly smooth out its surface. Stick it in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
10. Let it cool on a cooling rack and cut into square chunks. Enjoy!
What’s your child’s favourite afterschool treat?
- You can also use butter instead of oil. But I didn’t have it at home so I used cooking oil. So whatever cooks for you.
- If you are using aluminum foil instead of baking paper to line to baking dish, be sure to place the dish on an oven-safe cooling rack and then put everything ( rack + dish ) in the oven. Then bake. This makes sure the heat touches the bottom of the dish too and your brownies will be thoroughly done.
- Also, the given recipe yield 9 brownie chunks ( 8 X 8″ square dish).
- Please do note that the photos attached to the article are from when I doubled the recipe.
- Use a toothpick to check if the brownies are done.