Here we are with yet another lip-smacking recipe for all you foodie readers. If you are a huge fan of the hot and spicy Mughlai cuisine and of course if you are not a vegan then this chicken curry is for you. Go ahead and treat yourself with this super spicy dish.
- Chicken – 1/2 kg with bones
- Cashew – 8-9
- Almonds – 9-10
- Chironji – fist full
- Green chillies – 2
- Chopped Onion – 1 (thin sliced and deep fried until golden)
- Mint leaves – chopped
- Coriander – chopped
- Garam masala (spices) – one half teaspoon
- Cardamom – 2 whole
- Cloves – 1-2 whole
- Black Cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1 small (whole)
- Vinegar – 4 tablespoon
- Lemon juice- 2-3 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce – 4 tablespoon
- Sesame seeds- 3 teaspoon (roasted)
- Dry coconut – 2 tablespoon ( grated and roasted)
- Salt – as per taste
- Red chilli powder – 1-2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – two and half teaspoon
- Yoghurt – 300 grams (beaten)
- Oil – 5 tablespoon
What you need to do:
- Wash the chicken thoroughly.
- Marinate the chicken with salt, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, lemon for half an hour.
- Then add yogurt and fried onion to the chicken and mix well.
- Now keep the chicken aside for another half an hour.
- Make a paste of cashew, almonds, chironji, sesame seeds and dry coconut (add a little water if required) and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and put the chicken and add vinegar, whole spices to it and stir.
- Cook with lid for about 20-25 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the prepared paste to the pan. Let it cook for 20 mins or until the mixture in the pan starts to thicken.
- Stir in between so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add tomato sauce when the mixture thick enough.
- Simmer for 5-10 mins or until the oil separates.
Serve with rice or chapati.
Which spicy dish have you heard this week?? Let me know in the comments below.